Sioux Falls Lutheran Athletics
The athletics programs at Sioux Falls Lutheran School exist to provide extracurricular activities for our middle school students and increase awareness of physical health and strength. They also exist for students to learn how we may use our bodies to glorify God while improving skills and practicing teamwork through competition.
Athletics at SFLS are intended for 5th-8th graders.
The following sports are offered at SFLS:
- Girl’s Volleyball (Fall)
- Boys Flag Football (Fall)
- Girls & Boys Soccer (Fall)
- Girls & Boys Basketball (Winter)
- Girls & Boys Running Club (Spring)
- Girls on the Run program
Sioux Falls Lutheran Athletics Updates
- Through fundraising efforts and donations, new uniform t-shirts have been purchased so that our soccer team has uniforms they do not have to share with the flag football team. These uniforms are very general and can be used for running club also. In addition, new basketball jerseys and shorts have been purchased for both our girls and boys basketball teams.
- Open gyms are now available prior to basketball season for students to get back to working on skills before actual practices begin.
Click to View Additional Athletics Updates
- Added a grade to our sports program. 5th graders were added to our athletic program beginning the fall of 2009. With this addition, more games for the 5th and 6th graders only have been added to our schedule.
- A new venue was found for our basketball tournament through the assistance of a small group of volunteers making connections with area schools, churches, and community centers. We still host the same number of teams, but in a larger, more open facility.
- Concessions are now being offered during weekday games held at SFLS to bring in more revenue and attract more SFLS students to come and watch.
For more information about Sioux Falls Lutheran Athletics, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.